It's NOT too late
to start your New Year with
Get in NOW to register!!!
SPOTS FILL QUICKLY
CLASSES MEET TUES, THURS
& SAT for 4 weeks!
6:00 am, 10:30 am or 7:00 pm
classes on Tues & Thurs
and Saturday all classes
meet @ 10:30am
Drop in anytime to watch a class and sign up
or call/email for more info to get started!
Must register in person and pay in full to
hold your spot. No refunds.
CrossFit Puyallup BASIC Training
New CrossFit Puyallup athletes start with our CrossFit BASIC Training classes, a pre-requisite to the regular group classes. These classes are designed to teach you the basic principles and techniques of CrossFit. If you have never done CrossFit before, it is a great way to "try it out" and see what CrossFit is all about!
The CrossFit BASIC classes will focus on foundational movements, coordination, core strength and your cardiovascular fitness. The classes will prepare athletes for participation in the regular group classes and familiarize your coaches with your fitness level.
CrossFit BASIC classes start the first TUESDAY of each month and continue for 4 weeks. Each class includes specific instruction/ training and cannot be "made up" on other days. Please schedule accordingly so that you can attend every class.
Space is limited and classes fill up fast.
You can drop in on Day 1, but please register AT LEAST 1 week prior to class start to guarantee a spot.
CrossFit BASIC Training Schedule
12 Classes Total*
3x/week for 4 weeks
Tues 6:00 am / 10:30 am / 7:00 pm
Thurs 6:00 am / 10:30 am / 7:00 pm
Sat 10:30 am (all classes attend together)
You will sign up for either the "6:00am", "10:30am" or "7:00pm" class session. You can change your class time if needed on some days due to work schedule if pre-approved by your coach.
* Some months may be less than 12 sessions due to holidays.
Why We Require an Introductory Course
Most movements used in CrossFit require a bit more attention to technique than you may be used to if your training background has been limited to the multitude of shiny machines you see at “normal” gyms. CrossFit believes that no machine in existence can match a properly executed squat, muscle-up, kettlebell swing, or clean and jerk when it comes to developing strength, power, and all-around fitness. Since these types of movements are more complex than simply adjusting the position of a pin in a machine, you’ll benefit greatly from receiving some small group training to learn the fundamentals.
Here are a few of the main reasons we think our introductory programs are vital for new athletes:
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn in a low-stress environment with small group attention from a coach. You will be with others at a similar fitness level so you don’t have to worry about being intimidated by being thrown right into a group WOD with our “firebreathers.” You’ll have a much easier time learning the movements when there’s no music blasting or clock ticking.
- Your coach will be able to identify any pre-existing injuries or mobility problems prior to you beginning group WODs, and will assist you in improving your flexibility or working around any limitations you have.
- You’ll learn all the movements necessary to complete the WODs we do on a daily basis, which is beneficial both to you and to other clients. During group WODs the coach will have time to refine technique on that day’s movements but will not have enough time to teach movements from scratch. If all clients possess a similar baseline of proficiency, the coach will be able to move throughout the class and make corrections as necessary, as opposed to focusing strictly on one client.
- You’ll learn how to do the movements properly from the beginning. That way you won’t have to go back later on and un-learn bad habits. By learning proper form and range of motion, you’ll maximize the results you get from your workouts while minimizing the risk of injury.
- You’ll build personal relationships with your coaches and your fellow athletes from the beginning as you become part of our strong community atmosphere, increasing the likelihood that you will stick with CrossFit long enough to realize its benefits. You’ll be treated as a valued athlete, not just a paying customer.
During your sessions you will receive instruction and hands-on technique work in the following areas:
- What is CrossFit? What is fitness? You’ll learn about the methodology behind CrossFit, what its goals are, and how to adjust CrossFit-style training to meet your personal health or performance goals.
- The basics of nutrition. We simply cannot overstate the importance of nutrition when it comes to improving your health and performance. If you eat poor quality food (or eat in poor proportions) you’ll undermine your efforts to perform during workouts, build muscle, burn fat, have more energy and mental clarity, improve your cholesterol and other bloodwork, and recover from your efforts in the gym. You’ll learn how to fuel your body for peak performance and to improve body composition.
- The “essential” movements of CrossFit—you’ll learn how to properly perform the squat, front squat, overhead squat, press, push press, push jerk, deadlift, sumo deadlift high pull, medicine ball clean, GHD sit-ups, clean and jerk, handstand push-ups, kettlebell swing, pull-up, box jump, double-under, rowing on the C2, and many others.
- How and when to scale WODs to your fitness level so you get the maximum benefit out of each workout.
1 Month: $99 + tax
CrossFit BASIC is limited to 60 days. Some athletes will be encouraged to complete 2 months of BASIC training to ensure their success in regular classes.
Current CrossFitters may complete a fitness assessment with a coach prior to classes to determine if regular group classes can be started without BASIC Training. Assessments are 1 hour and cost $50 plus tax (applicable to your first month's fees). Call or email to schedule an assessment.
Payment accepted by Cash or Check only.